Who doesn’t love a list? So write one! Top five slices of pizza in your town, ten reasons disco will never die, the three secrets to happiness — go silly or go deep, just go list-y.
I love making lists of all types. There is a special one which I keep nicely in a dream box. The Dream box was a birthday gift from my daughter. I remember that day. She was home from the university for the winter holiday. After the small birthday celebration, she pulled her chair close to mine and handed me a beautiful light purple bag with small white Lacey flowers on it. Then she said,” I know you don’t like gifts but this is something that you may like so please open it.”
I smiled and opened the bag. Inside the bag there was a very pretty octagon shape hand carved wooden box. I opened it and looked inside. The box had a silk lining and it was empty but, I liked the mysterious box. I reached out , gave her a hug and said “Thank You”.
She lifted her stray hairs from her forehead and told me,” This is called a Dream box where you can keep all your written wishes. Once in a day look at the list and feel as if they are real. Then soon all your wishes will be fulfilled. Is not it neat?”
“Yes, it is.” I said. So from that day I have my list in my Dream box.
1. To join and work with UNICEF to protect the human rights of the people.
2. I will love to dedicate more of my time in preserving the wildlife community and to be their voice by working in Nature Conservatory and World Wildlife organization.
3.It will be so much fun to read all the classics and spend time in writing.
4. To have a huge garden full of beautiful trees and fragrant flowers: Angel-face Rode, Pale pink Chaucer, perfume delight Rose, vines of Chilean and oriental jasmine, Chocolate cosmos, Lily of the valley, Sweet violet.
5. I love hiking, although not a professional. I will love to go in a ten days trek to mount Everest, to Fitz Roy trek Patagonia Argentina, to hike in the beautiful Chilkoot trail Alaska, the Ton quin valley ,Alberta Canada and the Long Range Traverse, Newfoundland, Canada.
6. I have read so many novels related to the castles. I want to travel to different countries and tour the castles: Cardiff castles in Wales, Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec city, Edinburgh Castle in Scotland, Neuschwanstein Castles in Germany.
Hopefully my soon my list will emerge from the Dream box to reality.